Body confidence is more important now than ever before. A huge amount of how we feel comes down to what we think and feel about our bodies. How you look on the outside affects how you feel on the inside. Perhaps you?re feeling conscious about your mid-section, maybe your arms cause you issues, or perhaps you dislike the shape and size of your thighs. Whatever the issue, doing something about that particular problem could help you to feel better about yourself in general and increase your confidence overall.
There are many options available, but body contouring surgery is certainly an option to think about.
What is Body Contouring?
You will see body contouring referred to in many different ways, including body shaping surgery or surgical body contouring. Put simply, body contouring is a procedure that helps you to reach your ideal shape. This is done by removing excess fat and skin, toning, and generally allowing you to attain a silhouette that you would otherwise fail to achieve via diet and exercise alone.
You can opt for a surgical or a non-surgical option, but you should certainly look for the best body contouring surgeons if you?re going to go down the surgical route. These procedures need to be done by highly trained and highly experienced personnel. Fortunately, Dr Perry Gdalevitch, a Montreal plastic surgeon specialist is here to help.
Examples of body contouring treatments include:
- Liposuction, helping to reduce excess fat around trouble areas, such as the thighs, arms, hips and belly area
- Tummy tucks, a surgical procedure which helps to remove fat and excess skin from the stomach, whilst tightening up the underlying muscles for a toned look.
- Radio frequency devices combined with liposuction including bodytite, facetite and accutite for skin tightening. All of these use radiofrequency energy to tighten the skin
- Radio-frequency treatments, done via the use of a hand-held device which emits radio waves deep into the fat cells and breaks them up via natural means
Who is a Good Candidate For Liposuction and Other Surgical Treatments?
As you can see, some methods are more invasive than others. The ideal liposuction candidate will be in good health and will undergo extensive history taking and examination to ensure that this is the right route forwards. The best candidate for liposuction will, therefore, have no underlying health concerns.
The following boxes should ideally be ticked for surgical body sculpting treatments:
- You have lost weight but you find yourself with excess skin which is very difficult to tone up via exercise
- You have given birth in the past and you cannot shift the stubborn fat or areas of hanging skin around your abdomen
- You do not have a large amount of weight to lose. The best candidate for body contouring is near to a healthy weight, not someone who is far from it
- You are willing to exercise regularly and eat healthily to keep your results looking fantastic
- You do not have any serious health concerns or underlying health issues
- You are a non-smoker
- You have a realistic idea of what you want to look like post-surgery or post-procedure
Many people ask ?is body contouring permanent? or ?is body contouring painful?. The results can be permanent with surgical procedures, provided you maintain your results with a healthy lifestyle. As for the pain involved, any surgical procedure comes with a risk of discomfort after anaesthesia has worn off, but this should not cause pain per se.
To find out more about the different cosmetic procedures we provide to help you achieve the body shape you desire, schedule a consultation with Montreal Plastic Surgeon Dr Perry today.